Who doesn’t like to relive all the action of their trip through the videos they have recorded? For that, there is nothing better than an action camera that can be attached to almost any object. They are easy to use, versatile, light and strong. While the GoPro is the best known and the market leader, there are other action cameras that compete on an equal footing. Here’s a list of the 5 Best Budget Action Cameras under $30.
The main characteristic of these action cameras is that most record in 4K (some already in 5K and higher), they offer fast frame rates and excellent stabilization systems, which result in super smooth images.
Other functionalities that you will find among the best action cameras for travel is Wi-Fi connection, GPS and touch screen.
The action cameras are designed to attach to helmets, surfboards, motorcycles, bicycles, cars, and other objects. They are small, sturdy, and easy to operate.
How To Choose The Best Action Camera For You
Table of Contents
Choosing the best action camera largely depends on what you plan to use it for. Do you need maximum resolution, water resistance, shock protection, slow motion, front screen or maximum editing flexibility? Take the time to evaluate which of these cameras is the best fit for you.
In the market you will find a wide variety of options that can make it difficult to find the best action camera for what you need it. Keep these factors in mind:
- Image quality is one of the most important factors to consider. It is worth checking the frame rate (frames per second) vs the maximum resolution (5K, 4K, 1080…). Although many cameras record in 4K resolution, some cheaper models use a frame rate of 15 frames per second, which makes video look worse. If you shoot in 4K, you need at least 25/30 frames per second (PAL and NTSC) or in 1080p HD at 60 frames per second.
- The best action cameras also offer a variety of accessories and a versatile mounting system. It is important that they can adapt to underwater housings or be able to place them in very different positions: helmet, wrist, chest, skate, board… Versatility is an extra point.
- Water resistance without a protective case is only offered by some models. The rest of the action cameras generally allow you to put a waterproof or submersible cover on them. Remember that water is a camera’s worst enemy.
- Image stabilization is becoming increasingly important as it makes the final result of a shot gain in cinematic quality. Other extras such as voice control – more secondary – may suddenly be important to you depending on the sport you practice and whether you need to have your hands free to practice it.
5 Best Budget Action Camera Under $30
1. Vemont 1080P 12MP Action Camera
You may have seen this action camera model and you do not have major references about the brand, previous models, etc.
It is a normal situation if we consider that the Vemont brand is a brand that is just entering the world of extreme action cameras and has launched few models on the market so far.
One point in its favor is that it already comes with accessories. If you decide to buy it, from the first day you will have the possibility of adapting and using it in all its functions.
Water resistant housing and submersible to 30 meters.
Waterproof case with clip.
2. Piwoka Action Camera 1080P 12MP
The sports camera includes a variety of accessories that allow you to attach it to a helmet, car or bicycle. In addition, it comes with a submersible housing that can be used up to 30 meters deep.
It has a 140 ° wide angle and has an electronic image stabilization mode. The resolution of the images is 12 MP, the videos are recorded in HD resolution and 30 fps and it has a 2-inch LCD display screen.
Images and videos are stored on an SD memory card that is not included. It has a 900 mAh rechargeable lithium battery, which offers a maximum autonomy of 90 minutes.
3. Action Camera 12MP Waterproof 30m
This camera is suitable for use in various sports activities, including scuba diving because it has a waterproof housing. It has a wide angle for panoramic shots and offers a resolution of 16 MP for photographs.
Videos can be recorded up to 4K resolution with 30fps and has loop, drive and slow motion recording. It comes with a remote control and you have the possibility to use the burst mode to take 5 continuous pictures.
To download your images and videos you can do it via WiFi or with an HDMI connection. It includes two rechargeable 1050 mAh lithium batteries that offer autonomy for up to 200 minutes, although it may be less.
4. Crosstour Action Camera
This is a simple format sports camera, with a waterproof housing that supports up to 30 meters of depth. It has a wide variety of accessories to place on your sports equipment and it is very light.
For the taking of images it has a resolution of 5 MP which is quite low and records videos at 30 fps in HD resolution. It comes with an LCD touch screen to view images and videos that are stored on a not included SD card.
It can loop recordings and has a 140 ° wide angle for panoramic shots. It includes a rechargeable lithium battery that has a maximum autonomy of 90 minutes and requires charging for 4 hours.
5. Action Camera 1080P 12MP
We thoroughly reviewed the most relevant opinions from both users and experts and made a comparison of this action camera with other budget cameras having similar characteristics.
In principle, we were surprised by the price. It really is a very inexpensive camera for the quality of its functions. Perhaps it is a brand strategy to gain space in the world of action cameras.
In the same way, it is a camera for extreme action with a good price-quality ratio. Therefore, it is worth reviewing its properties and considering it when you want to buy an action camera.
Aside from having an LCD screen, good battery life, being waterproof and having a good angular range, there are other features that are worth at least taking a look at.